Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Shoe Nazi

Almost every other day, I have to visit another building to drop off stuff for work. Everytime I do, I walk past the receptionist, who is always without fail on the phone talking to friend/relative/other shoe nazi. Anyway, I have to walk on a hard tile floor with my shoes, which are usually my favorite pair with little kitten heels, that invariable clack, clack, clack across the floor. A couple of days ago, I thought I heard her say to her friend/relative/shoe nazi, "She always walks by making so much racket. I swear she is doing it deliberately." Was she talking about me? I figured I must just be hearing things and reminded myself that the world does not revolve around me. Today, however, I walked by again and heard her say,"It's that annoying girl again, clacking her heels across the floor. She is so annoying!" Like I wasn't 5 feet away and hearing every word! Trust me, there are plenty of other women with heels walking that lobby, and I am the only one doing it deliberately? I think next time I am going to have to confront her (a very scary thing for a passive agressive person such as myself), because I refuse to apologize for my shoes!

1 comment:

J-Funk said...

YAY for comments!

More posts! More posts!!

(standing ovation)