Monday, September 24, 2007

To Facebook or not to Facebook

I want to pose a question to the world at large. Should I join Facebook? I have avoided joining Facebook for quite sometime because I don't like putting too much information about myself on the internet (semi-anonymous blogging is much more my thing!). I have recently felt more pressure to join, however, because a) almost all of my friends have joined and b) I recently read in Money magazine that it is a great way to network/find jobs. Even though I like the idea of talking to my friends and Money magazine makes a good point, I am still hesitant to join. So what do you think? Facebook or not Facebook? That is the question.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Okay....go for it! It's pretty overwhelming at first, but a lot of fun after you get the hang of it! The main thing is to set your privacy settings high - mine are set so that only my facebook friends can see stuff that I put on my profile, and you can't find my profile using Google or some other search engine. Meaning - you have to find me, then ask to be my friend, I have to approve, and THEN you can see my stuff!