Thursday, February 21, 2008

Valentine Surprise!

My husband is the sweetest man ever! He is twice the romantic I am, which is not hard since I think it is romantic when he washes dishes and cleans the house before I get home. Case in point, he made me melt (along with the various people who heard this story) on Valentine's Day. As part of my daily commute, I have to walk home from the bus stop, which is about two blocks away. My husband knows the route I take home, and he tied flowers and little notes addressed to "(insert my initials here)" to sign posts along the way so I would find them. How sweet is that!?!?!

Apparently, I wasn't the only person to notice my husband's PDA. The next day a couple of people went onto craigslist.com (a forum for selling/buying/trading/job hunting/people hunting/etc.) and wished "(insert my initials here)" a happy Valentine's day, and a couple of other (insert my initials here) were wondering if it was for them! Isn't it amazing how romantic gestures can inspire people and capture their attention? My husband was absolutely thrilled that other people saw it. I'm just thrilled that it was for me. I would feel terrible if I took another (insert my initials here)'s flowers!

1 comment:

J-Funk said...

Oh my, what a sweet gesture!!

Are you going to be attending the general meeting in June? We'll have to hook up! most of the old gang will be there to celebrate G-dawg's teaching award.