Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Back to blogging


It has been over a year since my last post? Really? Truly? By now the five people who read this blog have gone on to greener, and I am sure more interesting, pastures. I would love to say that my life has just been so slow, relaxing, and carefree over the past year that I just could not bring my relaxed self to post a single blog. Unfortunately, that is not the case, and I have had a crazy, hectic year. First and foremost, I graduated with a Ph.D.! Whahoooo! For the past three months, I have been swamped writing my thesis, training my replacement, and generally getting everything ready for The Defense. It is almost completely over. I just have to fill out some paperwork and get my thesis bound and then I will be done done done.

Two really awesome things happened to me this past year. One, I got a post-doc position in Seattle, which I am super excited about. The people seem great, and I loved Seattle. What a gorgeous place! You all have to promise to come visit once I settle into my surroundings. Secondly, I have a new love in my life. Her name is Penelope (Penny for short), and she is a beautiful golden retriever. She is so sweet, loves all people and dogs, and I spoil her like crazy. I am pretty sure I've lost about 5 pounds since we got her from all the running/walking we do, and I am pretty sure she has gained 5 pounds because I spoil her with treats. The look she is giving the camera is exactly the same look she gave me when I was home writing my thesis. Once she realized I wasn't at home to play with her, she would just lay there and give me this sad stare. It was brutal.

Anyways, I hope I get to post more in the future. If you haven't noticed, I am not terribly great at this whole blogging thing, but I am going to give it a go. I will keep you posted!

7 comments:

J-Funk said...

I can't wait to meet Penny! What a cute pup. Glad to see you're back on the blog!

Mandy said...

Yeah! You're back! I hope you stay motivated to post. It still cracks me up that Penny bit the legs off of that ball! :) Jonas loves his gigantic ball on a rope (like Penelope's) - although I have to let David play with him when he has it since he likes to shake the ball back and forth really hard and fast and it tends to come into contact with my belly too often!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.