Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Six Weird Things About Me

I've been tagged! So here are six weird things about me. I hope you aren't freaked out.

1. My OCD side: Whenever my husband and I get down to the last little dollop of jelly, mayo, syrup, peanut butter, etc., I absolutely refuse to finish it. I don't know why, but I cannot bring myself to finish off any food in our kitchen. I would rather throw it away than finish it. I also tend to leave some food on my plate, which I usually make my husband eat. I think this is very bizarre and probably OCD behavior. Think I'm crazy yet?

2. Watered-down juice: Whenever I drink juice, I like to have equal parts water equal parts juice. I think most juice is way too sugary, so I like it watered down. I've even trained my husband to fix juice for me this way. My older sis also does this, so if this is weird behavior, it is definitely genetic.

3. Eating Grapes: Most people eat grapes by popping a whole grape in their mouth. I, on the otherhand, like to bite grapes in half while eating them. One of my ex-boyfriends had a theory about this behavior. He was convinced that at some point I had a terrible run-in with a seed in a grape, which is why I always bite them in half. I'm pretty sure this is not true, unless it was so tramatic I blocked it out. Memory loss caused by a grapeseed? I don't think so.

4. I can read anywhere at anytime: I know, I know, I always talk about my reading, so I am sorry to bring it up again. I read while I am blow drying my hair in the morning and while I brush my teeth at night, so I basically can read anywhere at anytime. I think that is pretty weird.

5. My runny nose: My nose is the bane of my existence. Whenever I wake up in the morning or from a nap, my nose will immediately start to run. It doesn't matter if I am sleeping in the car, on a plane, or in my bed, as soon as I wake up it starts running. It will also get runny for no particular reason. My doctor thinks it is probably a dust allergy, which they can't do a whole lot about. All I can do is take allergy medicine that doesn't really work. The worst part is that my husband has even suffered from it. One morning I woke up with a runny nose, and naturally I got a kleenex and blew my nose. The problem was that I went back to sleep still holding the kleenex. My husband rolled his face right into it and got a very nasty wake up call. Needless to say, I was mortified.

6. Weird, recurring dreams: I go through stages where I have the same weird dream over and over again. For the longest time, I dreamed that I was the leader of a militant group involved in guerrilla warfare in Mexico. I saved women and children imprisoned in old missionaries and trekked miles through an arid desert. I also had a dream where I was in a video game and I had to defeat a number of fantastic monsters like werewolves, vampires, and some obscure water beast. I think that was when I was watching a lot of Buffy the Vampire slayer, however, which may account for that particular dream. My dreams can be very vivid and very weird.

Okay, so that is six weird things about me. Some of them aren't too pretty, and I hope I didn't scare anyone away from my blog. I also don't know anyone I can tag since my blogging sphere is pretty small, so I am tagging You, the reader, to leave something weird about yourself as a comment to this post. You can even stay anonymous!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

you ARE weird! :)

Anonymous said...

So Uncle KT also reads in a weird place - the SHOWER! Also I think juice is too sugary too (and yogurt) so I have found some brands that are less sugary. One juice brand is Vruit - it's a little more expensive but WAY worth it, they put veggies in there and don't add ANY sugar so it's not nearly as sweet but still very good. Also my Studly Hubby and I are addicted to Cascade Fresh yogurt (made in Seattle!) because it's not as sweet as most kinds (has half the sugar). It seems like diluting juice with water would just make it nasty but to each his own I guess - at least your sis does it too so there's two of you being weird together.

Don't worry I haven't been scared away.

Anonymous said...

Where do you buy Vfruit and Cascade Fresh Yogurt?--I want some! Anway, as your older sister I obviously don't think juice dilution is WEIRD. And reading a book while blowing drying your hair--that is strangely impressive.