Wednesday, March 28, 2007

My Ghetto Booty goes Lucky


Get your mind out of the gutter! My title is not meant to be a double entendre. I thought about going for 'My Ghetto booty gets Lucky' or 'Getting Lucky with my Ghetto Booty', but I thought that would be even worse. What I really mean is that I have found the most fabulous pair of jeans, which is even more amazing because I have what my sisters and I refer to as a 'ghetto booty' (a.k.a a bubble butt). Finding jeans that fit right in the legs and still has room for my bum has always been a challenge for me. The few pairs of jeans I do own have been with me for at least five years, and let me tell you, they are not looking so hot. What's worse is a couple of weeks ago I lost a load of laundry at the laundry mat (either by theft or my own thoughtlessness, and knowing me it was probably the later), and this load of laundry had my one good pair of jeans left to me. I decided I had to do something about it, and I went shopping. As an undergrad, I never bought a pair of jeans over $40, and since my last jean purchase was roughly around the time of the last ice age, I decided I could afford to buy a really nice pair of jeans (read expensive here). I tried True Religion, Seven, and other designer jeans, and I was disappointed that none of them gave me the fit I wanted (plus I still couldn't bring myself to spend $200 dollars on a pair of jeans--there are children starving in Africa for crying out loud!). Then I remembered that my older sister swears by Lucky brand jeans, so I went to a local store and tried some on. Not only did they fit my bum, but they also came in long sizes and a number of styles with my personal fave being the flared. I have never been happier with a pair of jeans! The only down sides are that they are expensive (almost $100!) and you want to buy a size smaller, which feels tighter at the store but the fabric really loosens as you wear the pants. I'm so glad I got Lucky! Sorry, just had to throw that one in there one last time.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

I just found a new fave pair of jeans - but they were at Kohl's so were only about $25! They're apt 9 jeans and I LOVE them because they also happen to fit my bum and my thighs, but still fit around my waist - yea! On another note, when I went shopping with KJ in January she was ecstatic to find jeans long enough to fit her (since she's 6'2") - and I think they may have been Lucky jeans, too!

Fixen Vixen said...

I've seen some of the apt 9 stuff, and I am definitely intrigued. The stuff looks so cute! I just have to find a Kohl's around here. Do they have Kohl's on the East coast?

Mandy said...

No idea. Probably not. ;)

J-Funk said...

That is some great advice about buying jeans a size smaller - I made that mistake with my Levi's and now they're too big! What is it with new clothes these days? I think I've been buying used clothes for too long.

Speaking of used clothes, I find using clothing stores the perfect way to search out a new favorite brand of jeans - since they have a huge selection of different brands all in one spot (and usually they are already broken in) - then once you find a good pair, buy the one you tried on and then go to the retail store to buy another when you wreck the ones you just bought (like I always do).