Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Apple Picking

Not too long ago, I went to visit my older sister and my little niece-the-cutie. As always, it was great to see sis, and my little niece is still the cutest baby ever. We took her out apple picking, which is almost a requirement for any New Englander (along with traveling north to see the fall colors--check out Family Guy episode about "Leafers"). It was a lot of fun, but when I got home, I had no idea what to do with all of the apples. I'm not a canner, and my husband doesn't like to eat apples unless they are in a pie. Luckily, I got a really easy apple crisp recipe from a coworker. It was so easy, I had to share it with you all. Enjoy!

Andrew's Easy Apple Crisp

Slice apples or cut into chunks. You can leave the skins on or off, whatever you prefer. Put into a casserole dish and generously sprinkle cinnamon.

For the crust:
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 stick of butter (softened)

Beat flour, sugar, and butter together until crumbly. Pour on top of apples and sprinkle more cinnamon on top. Bake at 375 degrees until apples are soft and the crust is golden (20-30min).

No comments: