Monday, September 18, 2006

Bored in the Midwest?


This past weekend was my darling husband's grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary. We got to see a lot of his extended family, which we had not seen since our wedding, and we ate lots of food (I think my husband ate almost a pound of steak). It was a great weekend, but I have to say that the most memorable thing about this weekend was the entertainment at the reception hall for the anniversary party. My husband and I went for a little stroll after the lunch for the party. Behind the reception hall, a pen was set up, and a bunch of people were standing around it in anticipation. My husband and I decided to walk over and see what all the fuss was about. Inside the pen, a grid was marked out on the lawn in yellow paint, and each square in the grid had a designated number. As we walked up to the pen, this guy was trying to get three miniature goats into the pen. We had no idea what these people were planning on doing with the goats until a nervous goat poohed on one of the squares. Everyone started cheering! Apparently, the object of the game was to place a bet on which square the goats would pooh in, and if they pooh on your square, you win! Can you believe that? I think only midwesterners could come up with a game like that!

1 comment:

J-Funk said...

That's total craziness!! I've never heard of anything like it. So did you bet in the next round?